Monday 24 June 2013

Hi To Everyone,

Well we spent about 4 months with the family in Brisbane. One place we did visit while we were there was Springbrook National Park. It was raining the day Bob and I went, but we still went for a walk down the track. Half way down were decided to take a shortcut and slide down from the top path to the bottom path. I wont do that again, it certainly was a bad move. Bob got down ok, but I slipped and landed on my back. I just had to lay them for a while to get my breathe back, But tough old me manager to get to the path and continued down to the bottom. The worst thing though was we had to climb back to the top, it was a long way back at a very slow pace. I was laid up for a couple of days. Lucky I didn't do any real damage.



 
It was a lovely place and if we ever do it again we will make sure its not raining and also keep to the track. A great lesson was learnt that day..

 Once we left Brisbane we headed up the hill to the town of Toowoomba. A city with a distinctive charm, with wide tree lined street. It has over 100 parks and gardens. Toowoomba is perched 700 meters above sea level on the rim of the great dividing range.. It was started in 1849 as a small village and today is a growing industrial area with fertile land.
We also took a day to go out to Crows nest to see what there was to see. On the way out we came across the cuckoo clock place. Boy there was a lot of different clocks. After Toowoomba we moved onto a small township of Tara. So will continue our journey next time. Bye for now.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment